Food & Beverage Safety
Food and beverage manufacturers regularly test for process and quality control, screening of adulteration, identification of origin, quantification of additives, as well as general flavor and palatability using gas chromatography. Driven by the need for health and nutritional safety, national and international regulations also require that food and beverage manufacturers screen their products for contaminates such as pesticides, environmental pollutants, toxins (either from spoilage or micro-organisms), veterinary drugs, and possible packaging material leaching.
Known advantages of VUV Spectroscopy
- Class identification for simplified and more accurate analysis of MOSH / MOAH fractions
- Isomeric analysis ranging from cis- and trans-fatty acid analysis to complete lipid profiling
- Faster and more automated vegetable and seed oil screening
- Broad component screening of tobacco deeming analytes in e-cigarettes
- Reduces test methods needed for characterization and allows for chromatographic compression