VUV Analytics, the world leader in Vacuum Ultraviolet (VUV) Spectroscopy, is committed to the success of its customers in a wide range of industries including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Flavors and Fragrances, Pharmaceuticals and Forensics among others. To ensure customer success, VUV Analytics employs a dedicated Applications team comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer-centric chemistry professionals who are technical experts on the VUV product suite. In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible for solving customer sample analysis issues.
Job Title: Senior Applications Scientist
This position is located in our Cedar Park, TX headquarters
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Analysis of customer samples and data reporting
- GC-VUV method development
- GC-MS analysis of samples as required
- Travel and technical representation with sales representatives and distributors to customer sites
- Development and review of technical marketing materials, including blog posts, oral and poster presentations, application notes, other literature
- Attendance at scientific conferences and tradeshows
- Technical project collaboration with external scientists
- Software feature and bug reporting
- Assistance for Customer Support on customer applications and hardware/software, as needed
- Laboratory safety and cleanliness
- Assist R&D team with new product testing and application development support
- B.S. degree in chemistry or other science, plus seven years hands-on chromatography experience
- Mass spectrometry and/or spectroscopy experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated technical writing and speaking ability
- Ability to learn project team management and to participate on project teams
- Must be available to travel overnight 10-20% of the time on a global basis.
What we Offer
- Excellent benefits package (medical, dental, vision) with no waiting period for health benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Stock Options
No Recruiters, please. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently no other positions available, but we are always accepting applications for chemists. Please fill out the form below to submit your resume.