VUV Analytics, the world leader in Vacuum Ultraviolet (VUV) Spectroscopy, is committed to the success of its customers in a wide range of industries including Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Flavors and Fragrances, Pharmaceuticals and Forensics among others. To ensure customer success VUV Analytics employs a dedicated Customer Support team comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer-centric professionals that are technical experts on the VUV product suite. In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of customer success including customer relationship management, product installation, training, and resolution of customer complaints. Successful candidates will actively promote VUV Analytics’ offerings and expansion.
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer I
This position is located in our Cedar Park, TX headquarters
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Receives customer service requests for installations, relocations, calibrations, preventive maintenance and basic repairs.
- Promptly acknowledges receipt and contacts the customer to schedule services required. Ensures that the schedule meets the customer’s needs. Seeks assistance from peers when unable to meet the customer’s expectations. Communicates schedule of services on a daily basis.
- Executes plan to help sell service contracts, parts, accessories, consumables, software, upgrades and training to customer base.
- Provides training for direct customers and partner representatives.
- Manages workload and customer requirements as defined by the Customer Support Manager.
- Represents the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with VUV Analytics customers, both external and internal.
- Acts as a VUV Analytics advocate in all capacities in customer laboratories. Effectively communicates competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Marketing and Field Sales. Provides feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Reports daily activities in Salesforce or current Customer Support system for accurate record keeping, including closing service calls upon completion.
- Actively tests new product (software and hardware) prior to release.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by VUV management.
- BS degree in chemistry or other equivalent experience required.
- Previous Field Service, customer support and/or training experience desired but not required.
- Experience/understanding with medium to high complexity laboratory instrumentation such as liquid and gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, and other general laboratory instrumentation and software desired.
- Proven troubleshooting ability to diagnose and resolve problems on sophisticated electronic, mechanical, and optical instrumentation in a commercial scientific laboratory setting desired.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (verbally and written) with a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 65 pounds.
- Must be able to read, speak, and understand English. Fluency in other languages is highly desired.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Applications required. Experience with laboratory Information Management systems and Chromatography Data Software is a plus.
- Must be available to travel overnight 50 – 75% of the time on a global basis.
What we Offer
- Excellent benefits package (medical, dental, vision) with no waiting period for health benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Stock Options
No Recruiters, please. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently no other positions available, but we are always accepting applications for chemists. Please fill out the form below to submit your resume.