The VGA-101 is the latest advancement in vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) detection featuring an expanded wavelength spectrum and a higher allowable maximum operating temperature. It builds on the innovations pioneered by the world’s first benchtop VUV spectrometer, the VGA-100. The VGA-100 is a universal mass-sensitive gas chromatography (GC) detector that provides both qualitative and quantitative data with excellent sensitivity and selectivity. The VGA-101 was designed as a next generation detector that addresses advanced application requirements.
Learn more about the latest innovation in Vacuum Ultraviolet spectroscopy.
An expanded wavelength spectrum of 120 – 430 nm provides unique selectivity for complex structures such as polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). The ability to operate the VUV detector as high as 430 °C allows the analysis of high boiling point compounds.
DOWNLOAD THE BROCHURE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON DETECTOR CAPABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS INCLUDING:
- Nearly everything has a unique absorption fingerprint in the VUV spectrum
MEASUREMENT PARAMETER FLEXIBILITY FOR ADVANCED GC ANALYSIS
- Data collection from 120 – 430 nm
- Operating temperature heating up to 430 °C for high boiling point compound analysis.
UNIQUE SELECTIVITY ALLOWS UNAMBIGUOUS COMPOUND IDENTIFICATION
- Easily deconvolve co-eluting analytes
- Clear and easy isomer differentiation
- Baseline chromatographic resolution not required
EXCELLENT MEASUREMENT OF SENSITIVITY
- Consistently low picogram limits of detection
- Spectral filters increase analyte sensitivity in targeted wavelength regions
DATA IS BOTH HIGHLY QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE
- Mass sensitive measurement of individual components within complex mixtures
- Spectral data provides unique fingerprint for all compounds measured
- No ionization required, analyze intact molecules
RELIABLE & EASY TO USE
- No routine maintenance necessary, no vacuum pumps
- No calibration required – 1st principle detection provides a predictable linear response