VUV spectroscopy can characterize water and solvent in API in the same run. VUV spectroscopy offers high sensitivity and unique selectivity for the detection of API contaminants such as aldehydes.
Known advantages of VUV Spectroscopy
- The ability to analyze water and residual solvent in API in the same run
- The capability of characterizing isomeric impurities without need for chromatographic baseline resolution
- Instrument and software designed for scaling from R&D to production
- Intuitive data processing workflow and software automation remove analytical complexity
- Process operators and laboratory technicians can run and analyze samples with minimal oversight
- Easy to understand analysis by Beer-Lambert Law (same principle used in UV-Vis spectroscopy)