VUV spectroscopy provides a method for residual solvent characterization that results in reduction of chromatography runtimes by 5X or greater. In addition, different solvent types (Classes 1–3 and others) can be combined into individual compressed analyses for further sample throughput gains. Water determination by GC-VUV delivers a more accurate and precise method than Karl Fischer while not requiring the use toxic reagents.
Known advantages of VUV Spectroscopy
- The ability to compress chromatography runtimes by 5X or greater
- The capability of combining different solvent classes and types (Class 1–3 and others of interest) into individual compressed analyses.
- GC-VUV offers a more precise and user friendly method for water determination
- Co-eluting impurities including isomers can be analyzed without need the for chromatographic baseline resolution
- Instrumentation and software is designed for scaling from R&D to production
- Intuitive data processing workflow and software automation remove analytical complexity